A Second Reality
A while ago, I felt that my distorted perception of reality would hamper me as a film-maker. Last night I found this:
Cinema is one art form where the author can see herself as the creator of an unconditional reality, quite literally of her own world. In cinema a person’s innate drive to self-assertion finds one of its fullest and most direct means of realization. A film is an emotional reality, and that is how the audience receives it – as a second reality.
- Sculpting in Time, Andrei Tarkovsky
16 mm shoot on Thursday. Had a problem getting actors for the four characters, finally did, and just half an hour ago it dawned on me that all four need to be played by the same person. :) The muse takes over…
Pray for me.

6 Comments:
This might sound weird or contrary to ordinary perception but I believe that being in a creative position gives you the "freedom" to create what you believe is your version of reality. It's not what the audience wants to see, but what you want to show them that should govern your choices - maybe that sounds arrogant (and perhaps less pragmatic), but hell - you have every right to be so! But then again that's only what I believe.
Go get 'em girl! :o)
I didn't really read the Tarkovsky quote before I wrote the previous comment or I would have realized I am sort of double quoting. But then this sort of foot-in-the-mouth thing also has great-minds-think-alike sort of implications!
*Grin*
cactus dear...how about updating your post ya!
heh! smell your underwear? rofl! (literally)... nice!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
All reality is conditional. Where it isn't, it becomes fantasy. And where fantasy seems real, it becomes the new reality.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home